Jul 01 2011
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Request for Information for comments, data, and other information helpful to assess the most important steps in research, policy, and practice for the field of public health genomics in the next five years.
In particular, the CDC is requesting public input to the following questions on public health genomics:
- What are the most important activities that should be carried out by the public health system in 2012-2017 to apply genomic knowledge to public health goals?
- What outcomes specific to public health might be achieved as the result of carrying out these activities?
- What policies are needed in order to achieve these outcomes?
- What institutions, organizations and agencies need to participate in achieving these outcomes and what roles should they play?
- What barriers are anticipated in achieving these outcomes and how might they best be overcome?
Comments must be received by August 1, 2011.
For more information, including instructions for submitting comments, please see the Request for Information published in the Federal Register at: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-06-30/pdf/2011-16422.pdf