Arizona State University
Genetic Counseling Program
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: To prepare genetic counselors to work in the field of genetics where they will apply their knowledge and unique skill set to help advance the understanding of genetics and genomics-related conditions in order to improve health outcomes within the communities where they work and live.
- Instill a sense of personal, professional and societal responsibility to respect, honor and value each other, professional colleagues, clients and members of our communities;
- Ensure new graduates meet the Practice-Based Competencies for Genetic Counselors;
- Prepare new graduates to pass the American Board of Genetic Counseling certification examination;
- Equip new graduates to be able to secure a job in the healthcare field, a laboratory setting or other position relevant to their expertise in genetics and genetic counseling;
- Provide new graduates with the skills to be able to conduct research, read and write manuscripts related to the field of genetics/genomics and genetic counseling.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ✅
- GPA requirement = 3.0
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – TBD
- Please contact program about tuition information.
- Tuition reduction options – ❌
- On-campus work opportunities – ❌
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ❌
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
Partnered with indigenous faculty at ASU to recruit indigenous students.