Augustana-Sanford Genetic Counseling Graduate Program
Location: Sioux Falls, SD; San Diego, CA; and Fargo, ND
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: To provide an education of enduring worth that cultivates wisdom and advances patient care by developing genetic counselors into astute communicators, scholarly professionals, and engaged members of their communities.
The ASGCGP seeks to train well-rounded genetic counselors and give them a strong foundation in both genetic science and interpersonal communication skills.
Our graduates will:
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Display strong scientific and empathetic foundations.
- Demonstrate the capacity to function as genetic counselors in fast-paced, real-world settings.
- Exhibit collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Produce meaningful graduate research projects.
- Understand and appreciate the far reach of genomics (e.g., personalized medicine, business, diversity, media).
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ✅
- GPA requirement = min 3.0*
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – Virtual
*below 3.0 GPAs may be considered
- In-state: $58,260
- Out-of-state: $58,260
- International: $58,260
- Tuition reduction options – ❌
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ❌
*the application fee will be waived if you are a current Augustana student or alumni
- Sioux Falls, SD; San Diego, CA; and Fargo, ND
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
We have created Diversity Domains and learning objectives that will be infused into our curriculum program wide. Additionally, we have identified co-chairs of a DEIJ taskforce that will help to establish a standing DEIJ Advisory Board for our program.