Baylor College of Medicine
Genetic Counseling Program
Location: Houston, TX
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: The Baylor College of Medicine Genetic Counseling Program provides students a transformative education in genomic medicine and the practice of genetic counseling. The outstanding clinical, laboratory, and research faculty will empower graduates to be empathic professionals with effective critical thinking skills.
Vision: As leaders of genomic medicine integration, our graduates will serve as indispensable navigators of genetic service delivery.
- Be equipped with the tools to meet the ever changing demands of genomic medicine.
- Be familiar with the latest developments in genomic medicine and prepared to critically evaluate and implement these developments in their own practice.
- Be empowered to engage with, and advocate for, the communities they serve.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the profession.
- Develop the skills necessary to further research in genetic counseling and genomic medicine.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ❌
- GPA requirement = 3.0
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – Virtual
- In-state: $50,000
- Out-of-state: $50,000
- International: N/A
- Tuition reduction options – ✅
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ✅
- We now have a single partial scholarship of $5,000 per year ($10,000 total). All applicants receiving an interview are eligible.
- Houston, TX
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
Curriculum review for cultural competency, minority recruitment efforts, application fee waivers, compassionate conversations, unconscious bias training.