Have questions about the program from your Career Fair visit? Check the information below for answers. If you can't find an answer to your question, click below to submit your question(s) to the program.
The Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genetic Counseling (MSGC) program at Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) in Claremont, CA, is dedicated to the education of innovative genetic counselors who will serve the needs of individual patients, the healthcare system, and the bioscience industry. Our program emphasizes interprofessional collaboration, systematic problem solving, the safe, efficient and ethical use of technology and biotechnology, and personalized patient care.
Program is located in Claremont, CA
Academic year is from August to May.
Information about prerequisites info can be found at https://www.kgi.edu/academics/degrees-certificates/master-of-science-in-human-genetics-and-genetic-counseling/msgc-application-procedures-requirements/
- No GRE required,
- Holistic admissions process.
- In-state students: $82,800.00
- Out-of-state students: $82,800.00
- Student work opportunities
- Graduate assistantships available
- Scholarships available
- One diversity scholarship match track available for a student whose racial, ethnic and/or gender identity is underrepresented in the genetic counseling profession ($10,000 split over the course of the entire program).
- One cultural engagement scholarship available for students to apply to after matching to our program ($10,000 split over the course of the entire program).
- TA and tutoring opportunities are also available.
Currently have Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice initiatives as part of the program
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice initiatives: We have cultural engagement workshops as part of our genetic counseling program as well as larger institution-wide DEIJ initiatives.