MGH Institute of Health Professionals
Master of Science in Genetic Counseling
Location: Boston, MA
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: The MS Genetic Counseling Program at MGH Institute of Health Professions prepares genetic counselors to be leaders in the field of genetics and genomics. Outstanding clinical and non-clinical fieldwork experiences, expansive research opportunities, dedicated faculty, and an active-learning curriculum create an engaging learning environment that equips genetic counseling students to provide exemplary patient care, recognize and attend to the needs of their clients, effectively communicate complex genetic information, and advance genomics research.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ✅
- GPA requirement = N/A
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – Virtual
- In-state: $85,245
- Out-of-state: $85,245
- International: $85,245
- Tuition reduction options – ✅
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ✅
- Boston, MA
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
- Pre-Orientation and Orientation inter professional education on power, privilege, positionality and intersectionality.
- Infusion of power, privilege, positionality and oppression in coursework.
- Cultural self-awareness, cultural humility, health equity incorporated across courses.
- Full semester course on Justice, Culture ELSI in Genetic Counseling.
- JEDI Fellowships which are paid positions at the MGH IHP; JEDI Fellows receive training with the JEDI Office and work with academic programs on anti-oppressive and equity focused initiatives in health professions training and education. 6) Continued professional development for instructional faculty and supervisors on DEIJ in clinical education.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.