Tips for Navigating the Information About a Career in Genetic Counseling and the Training Programs
When you enter the career and program information site, you will see logos for the national genetic counseling organizations and genetic counseling training programs in North America.
The following organizations have general information about a career in genetic counseling or training programs. Go to the information by clicking on their logo.
National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Need more information about the career?
- Need general information about the genetic counseling profession?
Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors
- General questions about training programs?
- Questions about matching to programs?
Minority Genetic Professionals Network
- Are you a minority student interested in the profession? Come talk to minority genetic counselors and students in our exhibit room.
We also have information about Canadian Programs:
Canadian Association of Genetic Counselling
- Need general information about being a genetic counselor in Canada?
- Find out about the programs in Canada.
The U.S. Genetic Counseling Training Programs are organized on the map by regions across the country.
- Click on the region to see the training programs in that region.
- Hover over the colored icons under the program name to see some features of the program.
- Click on the program logo or name to go to information about the program.
We hope you enjoy learning about becoming a genetic counselor!