Sarah Lawrence College
Master of Science in Human Genetics
Location: Bronxville, NY
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: To improve health care for all people by educating genetic counselors so they are prepared to meet current and future needs of their clients, their communities, their profession, and society at large.
Although we are the oldest program, the one tradition we have is that we are constantly changing. We have a mission to constantly update not only what we teach but how we teach it to make sure our students get the most out of their learning experience. Also, because our program pioneered the profession, that pioneering spirit continues as we encourage “out of the box” thinking and different ways to apply the skillset of genetic counseling outside of the traditional areas, while also providing a great place to learn to become a genetic counselor in the traditional settings.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ✅
- GPA requirement = 3.0
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – Virtual
- In-state: $70,184
- Out-of-state: $70,184
- International: $70,184
- Tuition reduction options – ✅
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ✅
- New York City, NY
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
- Scholarships for Underrepresented applicants;
- Participation in an Inter-Program Antiracism Discussion Series (IPADS) year long program that the students participate in; 2-day LGBTQ+ in genetics seminar;
- 2 leadership positions (program directors) are BIPOC; and
- We intentionally build diverse representation among our admissions committee members and incorporate consideration of unconscious bias and systemic racism into review of applications from those in underrepresented groups.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.