University of California, Los Angeles
Master of Science in Genetic Counseling Program
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: To train well-rounded genetic counselors in clinical genomic medicine who are equipped with the critical thinking skills to guide the evolving field of genetic counseling in this new era of precision health.
Vision: To increase diversity in the genetic counseling profession and engage underrepresented minority communities to address health disparities so that all communities and populations have access to genetic counseling and genomic medicine.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ✅
- GPA requirement = min 3.0*
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – Virtual
* below 3.0 GPAs may be considered.
- In-state: $68,571.18
- Out-of-state: $93,061.18
- International: $93,061.18
- Tuition reduction options – ✅
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ✅
- Southern California
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
UCLA Anti-racism and Disparities in STEM discussion series, UCLA Genetic Counseling and Clinical Genetics Journal Club, GC Student Lunch and Learn.