University of Arizona
Genetic Counseling Graduate Program
Location: Tucson, AZ
Program Length: 22 months
Mission: To provide a well-rounded education in genetic counseling through rigorous and diverse academic and clinical experiences.
Program’s Objectives: To graduate students who will be prepared to:
- Work as a member of a genetic/genomic health care team.
- Interpret family and medical histories to assess the likelihood of disease occurrence or recurrence.
- Provide patient counseling to promote informed personal and medical choices, as well as adaptation to the risk or condition.
- Educate clients, clinicians and the public about genetic conditions, inheritance, testing, management, prevention, resources and research on inherited conditions.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ✅
- GPA requirement = 3.0
- In-state priority – ✅
- Interviews – Virtual
- In-state: $41,058.84
- Out-of-state: $81,426.84
- International: $81,426.84
- Tuition reduction options – ✅
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ❌
- Tucson, AZ and Phoenix, AZ
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
CMM 595-Colloquium – one semester is devoted to DEIJ issues.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.