University of Kansas Medical Center
Genetic Counseling Program
Location: Kansas City, KS
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: To educate future genetic counselors and guide their development to become insightful, empathic, collaborative, life-long learners who improve the lives of their patients, colleagues and the greater community.
- Providing an innovative and diverse curriculum with robust clinical experiences;
- Instilling professionalism and integrity;
- Creating advocates for individuals with genetic conditions;
- Cultivating a passion for clinical research.
- GRE – ❌
- Holistic Admissions Process – ✅
- GPA requirement = min 3.0
- In-state priority – ❌
- In-state: $31,768.60
- Out-of-state: $62,464.90
- Federal Assistance and Scholarships Available – ✅
- Kansas City Regional Area
As a part of the School of Health Professions (SHP) and the KU Medical Center, the Genetic Counseling program is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures growth and development of the students, faculty, staff, and patients. The SHP DEI Core Value Statement and additional resources are located here.
To request more information about this program, please complete this form.