Have questions about the program from your Career Fair visit? Check the information below for answers. If you can't find an answer to your question, click below to submit your question(s) to the program.
Mission and Vision Statement
Vision: Our graduates will be leaders at the center of health care in a future where every health decision will be influenced by genomic information.
Mission Statement: We deliver boundary-spanning education for future genetic counseling professionals in genomics, public health, business and policy and through immersion in diverse health care and research settings.
Program is located in Pittsburgh, PA
Program website: https://publichealth.pitt.edu/gcprogram
Academic year is from August to May.
This is a dual program – MS in Genetic Counseling and MPH in Public Health Genetics
Information about prerequisites info can be found at https://publichealth.pitt.edu/human-genetics/academics/ms-in-genetic-counseling/admissions
- No GRE required,
- Holistic admissions process,
- Accepts international students,
- A Genetic Counseling Experience Tracking Form, which can be found here: https://publichealth.pitt.edu/apply, is required with the application submission.
- In-state students: $19,053.00
- Out-of-state students: $31,841.00
- Student work opportunities,
- Scholarships available,
- Work study available
General geographic location of internships: Pittsburgh, PA
Currently have Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice initiatives as part of the program
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice initiatives: DEIJ Committee; DEIJ questions woven into application process; DEIJ specific training for students, faculty and site supervisors.
- Speak with Integrity and Compassion: We are committed to honesty, transparency and respect in every interaction.
- Commit Everyday: We take personal responsibility to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Reach Out: We embrace collaboration and partnership to enhance professional possibilities.
- Embrace the Unknown: We believe that curiosity leads to lifelong learning.
- Be Bold: We are inspired by innovation and change.