University of Wisconsin - Madison
Master of Genetic Counselor Studies Program
Location: Madison, WI
Program Length: 21 months
Mission: The Master of Genetic Counselor Studies Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is to educate competent and compassionate genetic counselors who will successfully enter the genetic counseling workforce and be lifelong learners and leaders in the field. To fulfill this mission, the program will provide students with a rigorous, comprehensive curriculum that includes:
- A diverse clinical experience that fosters interprofessional relationships
- Relevant research opportunities that encourage critical thinking and contribute to the knowledge base of the profession
- An environment that promotes socially responsible practice.
*There is a dual degree option for Fall 2023 admissions – Master of Genetic Counselor Studies and Master of Public Health.
- GRE – ❌
- International students – ❌
- GPA requirement = min 3.0*
- In-state priority – ❌
- Interviews – Virtual
* below 3.0 GPAs may be considered.
- In-state: $32,993
- Out-of-state: $63,562
- International: N/A
- Tuition reduction options – ✅
- On-campus work opportunities – ✅
- Match and/or Application Waivers – ❌
- Madison, WI
- Flexible summer rotation opportunities – ✅
Specific curriculum that spans the course of the full two years. Course discussion and refection about building an anti-racist practice.
Our commitment to socially responsible practice.
Racism as a social determinant of health is not a new concept. Recent events have brought it to the forefront as an important conversation with which we should all engage. However, conversation is not enough; action is vital. The Master of Genetic Counselor Studies, as a program in the School of Medicine and Public Health, has always valued engaging in socially responsible practice as evidenced by our mission statement and our strategic plan. It is important that we continue to work to change the system through anti-racist recruitment practices, curriculum, and program culture.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.